Attempting login to Amazon. No log in accomplished and a "beep" sound is heard. Ideas?

PatrickHenry
PatrickHenry
Community Member

Used Amazon login yesterday with no problem. Today as described above.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Attempting login to Amazon. No log in accomplished and a "beep" sound is heard. Ideas?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@PatrickHenry - I'm wondering whether a simple restart of your Mac might solve this issue? You didn't say what version of OS or of 1Password you're using - or even how you're attempting login to Amazon (go & fill from 1Password? Command-backslash after visiting Amazon manually in your browser?) - but that's the place I'd start, based just on what you've told us so far. Let us know if that changes anything?

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member

Thanks Lars - a restart solved the login and beep issues. One day I will learn to try the simple stuff first. FYI: OS Version 10.13.3; cannot find which version of 1PW is in use. Attempted login from Agile Bits login in 1PW. Now appeared "Sign In" and Red Bar saying "Please Try Again." Correct email and password used. When connecting directly from your email response this page appears directly.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@PatrickHenry -- this is a function of Vanilla, our forum software. You're already logged in if you can get directly here and reply to me by clicking on an email. And yes, you would THINK the login page would be smart enough to know that and not try having you log in again when you're already logged in. But apparently not. Look up at the blue bar at the top, and you'll see your avatar and the "Sign Out" URL -- that's how you know you're already logged in; no further action required. :-) Glad to hear a restart solved your initial issue.

• PatrickHenry
    PatrickHenry
    Community Member

Lars, You are correct that the login page should be smart enough and I find the maneuver unacceptable. As a longtime customer there have been times that I have felt that 1PW was becoming more work than I wished. This is one of those times. The Amazon login is back to the initially reported status (above) and I don't think it is logical that I should do a restart to activate this login when I did nothing to create the problem. I will login to Amazon without using 1PW. Additionally, the listing of our conversation at 1:07PM on Support Forum shows up in a much lighter print than any other Question, # replies, # views, etc. Why, please.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Lars, You are correct that the login page should be smart enough and I find the maneuver unacceptable.

@PatrickHenry: Sorry for the confusion. We don't make the forum software, and unfortunately any software can only do what you tell it to do. So if you're already signed in, it will let you try to sign in again if you do that. I'm not sure that can be helped...at least until the machines gain sentience, and at that point it's probably going to be the least of our concerns. ;)

As a longtime customer there have been times that I have felt that 1PW was becoming more work than I wished. This is one of those times.

How so? It doesn't sound like you're having trouble with 1Password at all, but specific websites. We'll pass on your feedback to the forum software provider (we have no influence whatsoever with Amazon though), but we cannot change how it's designed ourselves...and frankly I think it's important that we focus on improving 1Password anyway.

The Amazon login is back to the initially reported status (above) and I don't think it is logical that I should do a restart to activate this login when I did nothing to create the problem. I will login to Amazon without using 1PW.

No one is saying it's "logical", but if you're having an inexplicable issue on your computer often restarting can help — which it did in this case. If you'll offer more specifics about what exactly you're doing — the exact steps and all versions involved, as well as the URL — I'll be happy to test it, but I've never experienced anything like that with Amazon myself (and I spend a lot of time there...) so I'm not sure what else to tell you at this point.

Additionally, the listing of our conversation at 1:07PM on Support Forum shows up in a much lighter print than any other Question, # replies, # views, etc. Why, please.

That's because you've viewed it. The forum software, somewhat similar to email, displays unviewed discussions as bolder text than ones which you have viewed. I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.