Need some help migrating to new Mac

edcwood
edcwood
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I have two older Macbook Pro's running OSX 10.9.5 Mavericks and 1Password 4.4.3 We have been unable to upgrade beyond 4.4.3 since our old macs were stuck at OSX 10.9.5. Due to this the functionality on the old systems is limited now due to newer browser security. We also have iphones and ipads that run the mobile version of 1Password which are up to date. All copies of the application sync using Dropbox.

My license for 1Password4 was a family license.

We are finally replacing these old laptops with new mac's running OSX High Sierra. I know that I will need to upgrade or just purchase new licenses for 1Password 6.x which is fine, but I am having trouble figuring out how I will export my two different DB's from the old installs to import them into the new installs on the new mac. I do have everything backed up on TimeMachine drives. Any guidance would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 4.4.3 moving to latest on new mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: old laptop 10.9.5, new laptop High Sierra don't know version number at moment
Sync Type: currently dropbox on the old laptops

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@edcwood: Good news! Any licenses you purchased for 1Password for Mac version 4 will also work for version 6, and all you'll need to do is select your existing vault in Dropbox to add your data to 1Password on the new machines. Backups are great, but there's no need to export anything. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• edcwood
    edcwood
    Community Member

Ok, so that turned out to be so easy. Thank you so much. Not sure why I thought I would have to jump through a bunch of hoops but like always I love everything about this product!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the kind words! You're very welcome! Honestly, I try to approach things with exactly that frame of mind: anticipate it will be a hassle; that way when things are easier than I expected I am always delighted. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.