Asking to compare authorisation code - time and again and again and again ...

iBozz
iBozz
Community Member

Since the introduction of the need to authorise 1P with Safari, which I infer is supposed to be a "one off" process, I have been asked to compare codes and authorise it every single time I launch Safari.

I've deleted the Extension and reinstalled it to no avail.

How can I stop this request to compare codes appearing all the time?

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3 (17D102)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iBozz - you should only be asked to authorize the Safari extension a single time. However, there are a few things that can interfere with this process. Do you routinely clean out Safari's cache? If so, that may remove the existing authorization and force you to re-authorize. There are a few auto-cache-cleaner programs that might do this. If you know you don't have anything like that, then the other potential source of the problem can be anything that inhibits communication between 1Password mini and the browser extension. Do you have proxy software or anything that might grab/filter localhost (127.0.0.1) connections? Antivirus software or a VPN might be the culprit as well.

• iBozz
    iBozz
    Community Member

Hi, Lars.

Thanks for the answer. I don't clear cache (I'm not even sure that it is a Menu option in Safari under High Sierra) nor do I erase History. I do occasionally run fsck -fy in Single User Mode but haven't done so for around a month now.

I use Freedome's VPN v2.15.5163.0 and Sophos Home Antivirus v9.7.2 but have just disabled both to see what happened - 1P still asks for a code comparison when Safari opens so I have reinstated them.

I have also tried Opera v51.0, Chrome v64.0.3282.186 and Firefox v58.0.2 and they do not ask for a code comparison so it appears to be confined to Safari - currently v11.0.3 (13604.5.6).

It isn't a showstopper and I can live with it, but it would be nice if it behaved the way it should!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iBozz - Sophos is the most likely culprit. If you have web protection turned on, you'll want to whitelist 127.0.0.1, then restart your computer and see if that makes a difference. You may also want to make sure that local requests aren't sent through Freedome, otherwise this problem will persist. Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.