After I sign in to 1Password it "times out" too soon. Can I extend the "time out' time?

gpb
gpb
Community Member

After I sign in to 1Password it "times out" too soon. Can I extend the "time out' time so that I don't have to keep re-enterig my Password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After I sign in to 1Password it "times out" too soon. Can I extend the "time out' time?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I think you may find the Security tab of 1PW Preferences useful. It lets you adjust various time out options.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gpb - Yup, what @danco said. You can adjust all sorts of parameters in the Security tab of 1Password's Preferences. Please make sure you're adjusting them based on what's appropriate for your situation, not just what's easiest. What I mean is: it'd be even easier if we didn't require a Master Password at all...but that wouldn't be very secure at all. If we did that, 1Password would be little more than a fancy database that fills in passwords. Useful? Sure. Secure? Not at all. Similarly, if you work at home and live alone, you can probably set your defaults for Security pretty loosely because you don't have others walking by your Mac. If you work in a busy cube environment or travel frequently, you'd probably want much tighter settings. Ultimately, it's up to you...but we'd be remiss if we did't remind you that the main point of 1Password is to keep you secure.

This discussion has been closed.