Can't find my sign-in address or secret key

karen_91011
karen_91011
Community Member

Using 1Password on one Mac; want to use it on another but 1st Mac doesn't have me signed in and I can't figure out where to find my sign-in address or secret key. I installed from Agile Bits on the 1st Mac. When I try to 'apply my license' to the 2nd Mac it says my free trial has expired.

1st Mac 1Password (the one I bought it on) is version is 6; 2nd Mac is just calling it 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:can't find sign-in address or secret key

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @karen_91011! If you've got 1Password 6 on one Mac and just 1Password on the other, that means you installed the first copy (1Password 6) from our downloads page and the second, from the Mac App Store. The two versions are functionally nearly identical, but there is a difference between where data is stored (and a few other things) due to Apple's sandboxing of Mac App Store apps.

One of the main differences - and the reason you can't apply a license to the second Mac - is that apps from the Mac App Store don't have a traditional license key; they are tied to your Apple ID. So, if you purchased through us, you have to download through us as well. Please do the following, in order:

1. On your second Mac, Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. Delete the Mac App Store version (don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash)
    3. Download a copy of 1Password for Mac from us at the above link, and install it into your Applications folder

Let us know how you get on!

This discussion has been closed.