Ghost Browser support

mark5280
mark5280
Community Member

Hello,

Would you please consider whitelisting Ghost Browser as a supported browser. I'd like to transition over to using it because of the number of sites and functions I support for my business. 1Password has been instrumental in making my work more efficient and now Ghost Browser provides a similar opportunity. Without support 1Password will return me to the world of copy/paste for usernames and passwords which is a major step backward.

Thanks for your consideration.

Mark Ferguson
PilotLight, Inc. - CEO & Founder
Boulder, CO

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ghost browser

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mark5280 - I'd love to be able to say yes to that, and I suppose anything's possible, but in general our approach recently has been to focus on the major browsers that occupy the vast majority of the user-space. Many of these less-well-known browsers such as Ghost or SlimJet are either Chromium or Firefox derivatives, but they require as much vetting and testing for security and stability due to the changes they DO make to the code of the browser.

As a result, we're not planning on adding support for any new browsers currently, though as I said, that may change again in the future. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

• jaotto
    jaotto
    Community Member

I have the same issues as mark5280, above, and would like to ask you to reconsider support for other browsers (Ghost Browser, in particular). Security is important, but a password manager is only useful if the passwords are available when and where I need them. At this point EVERY other major password manager on the market supports Ghost Browser better than 1Password. I have been a long-time 1Password user, but if I can't access my passwords when and where I need them, what's the point?

• @jaotto,

I’m sorry to hear 1Password doesn’t fulfil your needs in this regard. As Lars mentioned we’re not currently planning on adding support for Ghost Browser. If we find a better / more efficient way to do this in the future that may be a possibility.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.