To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Pro vs Membership

jkaplan
jkaplan
Community Member

I apologize if this has been discussed in depth already however didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I am a long time user and own a Pro account. What is the advantage other then family membership of switching over to a membership? Also, forgot if I paid for the Pro annually or one time and if the former how I would cancel?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @jkaplan
    I don't know if you have seen this page: https://support.1password.com/why-membership/ It has a first overview of the membership benefits.

In general, having a membership gives you the advantage of having 1Password apps for all accounts for free (as long as you are subscribed of course), as well as 365 day item history and web access.
    My personal favorite is the frictionless sync, i.e. all your devices sync automatically without any third-party sync setup. I always hated having to configure Dropbox on every device before I could use 1Password.

Concerning your purchase question: the Pro features are one-time purchases per platform, i.e. if you have for example an iPhone and a Mac, you have to purchase those separately.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jkaplan - So, the term "account" refers to having a 1Password.com membership. If you've not yet signed up for one of those, then you don't have an account. I'm not just being pedantic here; I want to make sure we're on the same page. For most of AgileBits' existence, we have sold licenses for 1Password as a standalone app (and continue to do so). That is different than a 1password.com account. You didn't give us any additional information, so I'm guessing here, but because you said "Pro," I assume you meant on iOS -- and possibly you've used 1Password for Mac as well?

If that's correct, then the answer to your question is there are a lot of advantages to a 1password.com account, such as access to all four of our native applications (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android), including all future upgrades, for as long as you maintain your membership. Such as fuss-free data ubiquity: no messing around with advanced, 3rd-party sync APIs, just sign into your 1password.com account on any device, and your data is there instantly, and all changes sync seamlessly. Such as regular offsite backups and individual item history: make a change you realize was an error? Just revert back to a previous state of your data, on an item-by-item basis. There's lots more at that link. Long story short, I'd definitely recommend a 1password.com account, but if you never signed up for one at https://start.1password.com/signup/plan then you don't need to worry about canceling anything. Let us know if you have questions.

This discussion has been closed.