Categories- why does drivers license show number without extra click and others don't

jkaplan
jkaplan
Community Member

Example- I would like to be able to see my social security under the name in the second column without an extra click. Can do this with Drivers license???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jkaplan: It's something we can consider doing...but the idea with showing information inline is that it is not sensitive information. For example, we show usernames with Login item titles to make them easier to distinguish. A social security number, drivers license, or other ID though (passport?) is generally something we don't want to parade around though, so I think it's not quite the same thing. Interesting suggestion though! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jkaplan - It's just the way those two different Categories are organized and templatted (is that a word? It is now!). In general, we try to obfuscate any information that could be sensitive. And unfortunately, Social Security numbers have become such, in a way that Drivers License numbers have not. Hence why one is obfuscated (requiring a click to reveal or display in Large Type) and the other is not (visible right within the record with no additional steps).

However, if you like, you can click "Edit" on the Social Security number record in question, and then click the three dots next to the SSN field, and change the field type from "password" to "text" - this will leave that field permanently revealed.

• jkaplan
    jkaplan
    Community Member

Thank you for the workaround. Yes, I understand the security piece however once you get passed the initial password/Face ID you can see the information with just another click anyway. Thanks for the tips/feedback!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! Glad Lars was able to help. Just wanted to point that out since for some people, "shoulder surfers" in the workplace or at school can be a real concern. Cheers! :)

• jkaplan
    jkaplan
    Community Member

I get it, thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

😊👍🏻

This discussion has been closed.