How to synch Personal and Primary vaults and eliminate duplicates?

OzCavalry
OzCavalry
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I originally set up 1 Password with a Primary vault. Then I got an account and used a personal vault under my name. I now wish to only use the Personal Vault but before I delete the Primary vault I want to make sure that all the data that is in the primary is also in the personal.

Thanks for your help,

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:HOW TO SYNCH PERSONAL AND PRIMARY VALUTS AND ELIMINATE DUPLICATES

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@OzCavalry - If you have items still in your Primary vault, you can move them to Personal and then once you've emptied out your Primary vault, you can remove it by opening Preferences > Advanced (the gear icon at the top right of the Preferences window, and UN-checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts." That should get you all squared away, and you can remove duplicates at your leisure. :)

• OzCavalry
    OzCavalry
    Community Member

After moving items from Primary to Personal, when I go to Preferences/Advanced the box for "Allow creation of vaults......." is greyed out and hence I cannot UN check it. What should I do?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OzCavalry: It sounds like you have secondary vaults setup in the app then. You'll have to remove those before you can disable local vaults entirely. You can do that by switching to them and selecting "Delete ..." from the 1Password menu. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• OzCavalry
    OzCavalry
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. Problem now solved.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@OzCavalry - on behalf of brenty (who's away now), you're quite welcome! I'm glad he was able to help.

This discussion has been closed.