To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Paid for standalone access on my Mac, but now cannot access app or login / create account

em3r4ld
em3r4ld
Community Member

I paid for the standalone app (£59.99) via the AppStore for my Mac. It worked fine until yesterday. I have just updated to the recent release. Now it doesn't work, and won't let me add / login to my account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Paid for a standalone license on my Mac, now won't let me access / register for an account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @em3r4ld! Sorry to hear about the trouble. Unfortunately, without any of the details of your setup, it's more difficult to be of immediate assistance. Can you tell us what specific version of 1Password you're currently running and what version of macOS or OS X? Also, when you say "doesn't work, and won't let me login to my account," what do you mean? You cannot unlock 1Password for Mac with your Master Password? Something else? Are you getting a Read Only mode message or Trial Expired? The more detail you can give us, the better.

• em3r4ld
    em3r4ld
    Community Member

Hi Lars,

Version: 6.8.7 from the Mac App Store

I can unlock 1Password on my laptop using my Master Password, however, I cannot add an account / login to an account in the Preferences.

I have installed the Chrome browser plugin to use, and this was working well until yesterday. Now when I access a page with the password information saved for that page, the plugin is greyed out and is not accessible without forcing me to add or login to my 1password account - which I can't do. It says I need the desktop app, which I have paid for and downloaded, but I cannot appear to link the two things together.

I checked with 1password for my account information, and it does not recognise the email address linked to my App Store account.

So essentially, it seems that I have the password information stored on my laptop, yet I cannot use it in any useful way.

Thanks,

Gemma

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@em3r4ld - Ah, OK -- we're getting closer. Sounds to me as if you may have installed 1Password X. Can you look for me and see which specific version of the 1Password extension you're running?

This discussion has been closed.