i cant find the demo vault

alanreynolds1
alanreynolds1
Community Member

I have just downloaded a trial version of 1P on my macbook Pro and my iPad. I cannot see any 'demo' vault and the software freezes when i try to create a new vault. Am I being stupid?

1Password Version: 6.87
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:where is the demo vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Welcome to the forum, @alanreynolds1! Can I ask why you want the Demo vault? 1Password shouldn't "freeze" if your devices are otherwise in good working order. We've actually got some great documentation for Getting Started with 1Password, which should help demonstrate how to begin. Give that a try and let us know how you get on!

ref: YIZ-89412-713

• alanreynolds1
    alanreynolds1
    Community Member
    edited March 2018

I have been following a Screen Cast Online tutorial by Don Macalister. He shows how to use the demo vault with all its content etc to practice and get familiar with the process. I was just confused that by following his instructions, no Demo Vault was listed as an option to open. I have a Person Vault created by default, and I have added a few items into that. This seems to work, but I notice that if I go to either the tab 'File' and select 'New Vault' or if I go to the "account" tab and select 'New Vault', the system just freezes. My macbook pro runs very well in all other respects. I wonder if I should uninstall 1Password and re-install it? Firstly, though, I will go to the link that you kindly sent me. Thank you.

ref: YIZ-89412-713

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@alanreynolds1 -- I'm not sure which tutorial you're viewing, but if you've got a Personal vault, then you've created a 1password.com account. The Demo vault option is a part of 1Password for Mac itself, but only if you're using 1Password for Mac in standalone mode with local data, not a 1Password account. If you began using 1Password with a 1password.com account, you won't have the option to create a local Demo vault because you don't have any other local vaults.

However, I feel pretty certain that you can find your way through the basics by visiting our own support pages and following along there. It really is relatively easy to get the hang of. And we're always here if you need assistance. Thanks for giving 1Password a try!

• alanreynolds1
    alanreynolds1
    Community Member

Hi Lars. Thank you for your prompt responses and helpful suggestions. I will continue to give it a try. Not finding it easy, but will see how it goes. Thanks for the advice. Will shout if I get stuck!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@alanreynolds1 - sounds good! We'll be here. :)

• WGBeekhuis
    WGBeekhuis
    Community Member

@alanreynolds1

Yesterday I installed my good old 1Password 4.x Windows to get rid of the old Folderstructure. I also made an export of the Demo-Vault in 1Pif and CSV format. If you are interested I can sent you a copy.
    As an Ambassador of SeniorWeb (Dutch organisation like Senior.org), I make use of the Demo-Vault to help newbees and Senior users with their "Password-Problems".

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@WGBeekhuis - thanks for offering some assistance! :)

This discussion has been closed.