Icon changes not syncing

For one of the login items I have added an icon. Later I changed the icon to a new one, but it never got synced to 1Password X. I tried changing other fields to trigger re-sync, the field synced fine, but not the icon.

1Password Version: NA
Extension Version: 1.5.0
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

Hey @RTemi,

Thanks for using 1Password X! 🎉

1Password X doesn't support custom items icons just yet. I suspect the icon you are seeing is either our default Login item icon (which is packaged with 1Password X) or it's a rich icon that gets loaded from our rich icon server. Rich icons are like favicons, but we manually add and update them for popular websites or by the request of our 1Password users.

Support for custom icons is something we are interested in adding in a future release of 1Password X, especially now that we've just shipped version 1.6! 🤘

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or you see something else on your end.

-Beyer

• RTemi
    RTemi
    Community Member

Beyer, thanks a lot for the reply! Indeed the icon I see is the favicon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that Beyer was able to help clear that up, but we're all looking forward to custom icons and other new features for 1Password X in the future. Cheers! :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

"Rich icons are like favicons, but we manually add and update them for popular websites or by the request of our 1Password users."

Is there any form where i can request missing icons?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz: I'm not sure I understand. We do not give out icons. If there's a popular site which 1Password does not have an icon for though, you're welcome to ask us to add it to the database. But again, this isn't a feature that 1Password X supports yet. And that's what this particular discussion is about. Cheers! :)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I meant that the Community can ask you for adding new Icons and not you give it to us.
    Therefore, the question of whether there is a form for it. ;)

Then I probably misunderstood Beyer's theorem.

Sorry my English is ............ ^^

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

I meant that the Community can ask you for adding new Icons and not you give it to us. Therefore, the question of whether there is a form for it. ;) Then I probably misunderstood Beyer's theorem. Sorry my English is ............ ^^

@blaxxz: Ah, thanks for clarifying. No worries! Just shoot us an email at support@1password.com with the URL for the site and a high quality icon and we'll see if we can add it in the future. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.