MacBook Pro will not recognize my Master Password

setupcode
setupcode
Community Member

I originally downloaded 1Password in my MacBook Air and iPhone 6 S. No problems using 1Password on both devices.

I've acquired a new MacBook Pro and I haven't been able to use 1Password as my Master Password is not being recognized.

I've been having this problem for months and read different forum threads but cannot solve it.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @setupcode! Sorry to hear about the trouble. I can't say for certain based on your description, but if you switched Macs, you may have created a new 1Password account or possibly just set up 1Password standalone as new instead of syncing to your existing data. Can I ask: if you look in 1Password at Preferences > Vaults on your Mac and Settings > Vaults on iOS, what are the names of the vaults that you see in each device?

• setupcode
    setupcode
    Community Member

Dear Lars - thanks for your note. My comments are as follows:

1. Device: MacBook Air (in which I originally set up my 1password account). Name of Vault is "Marco B"
    2. Device: IPhone 6 S. Name of Vault is "Marco B"
    3. Device: MacBook Pro (new computer). I cannot access my vault since my Master Password is not recognized

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your help Lars.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@setupcode - Thanks for the additional information. I'm a little surprised, since -- if both vaults are the same, you should have something similar on your MacBook Pro. To get a better idea of what might be going on with your 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#ZAF-56826-623]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @setupcode only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: ZAF-56826-623

This discussion has been closed.