Suggestions for a future release of 1password

joisagile
joisagile
Community Member

Some websites do not support Safari which is my default browser. It would be great to have a feature in 1password that opened another browser when the site didn't support Safari.

In addition, my wife and I share the same computer so we share the 1password database. This often means we have separate ids/pwds for some websites such as gmail. Sometimes, we share an id/pwd for amazon. It doesn't make sense to have multiple 1password databases because sometimes we need to use each other's personal id/pwd, and we keep lots of information in the Secure Notes that we need to share. It would be great to have a feature in 1password to quickly different between her ids and mine.

Please consider adding these features in future releases.

In the meantime, my workaround is to have use emojis in the 1password login title. 🔴 means "use Chrome". The emoji, 🚹 indicates the id is mine, while 🚺 indicates the id is my wife's.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@joisagile: Thanks for getting in touch! That's actually a really cool idea with the emoji! I'll admit that this isn't something I run up against a lot myself since I usually start in the browser and just use 1Password mini there — it's just so handy. And honestly I can't recall the last site that didn't allow me to use Safari.

This isn't, however, something that we're planning on building into 1Password itself though, as we're focused on making it the best password manager it can be. And 1Password actually doesn't open URLs at all; macOS does, and that's defined by the default you set. But I can see how it would be nice if there were a way to set URLs to open in different browsers. And actually there is: there are some great apps like Choosy and Browser Ninja that allow you to set rules for that.

As far as organizing logins and other information for "his and hers", tags and naming can make all the difference. How you go about doing it exactly is up to you, since it's a matter of personal preference. But there's a lot of flexibility there already. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.