Rich icon size (custom vs auto)

mvschelven
mvschelven
Community Member

Hi,
I was wondering why the size of a custom icon is different from the standard rich icon sizes? Is there something I'm doing wrong with the file format or image size? I included a screenshot that shows the difference in size. The custom icons are always larger. It might sound silly, however I would love to have everything neat and organised and the same size.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• jsinglestein
    jsinglestein
    Community Member

I have this problem and it's been that way for a while now. Hopefully they get it fixed at some point.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jsinglestein, @mvschelven: Indeed, this is a known issue. We're in agreement: we'd rather they all looked uniform too. We'll get this fixed in a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience there. Thanks for bringing this up!

ref: OPM-5008

• mvschelven
    mvschelven
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your reaction! I’ll wait for the future update than :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome. I'm sorry I don't have better news than that right now, but I'm sure we'll be able to find a solution. :)

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hello guys,

I was just going to create the same issue, I just wanted one update regarding this, that this issue still persist in the current beta version (7.0.BETA-6). Is that going to be addressed in both versions?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer: I could be wrong, but I don't expect that version 6 will be receiving further changes except in the case of a critical bug fix for a crash or security issue.

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

@brenty In that case, do you suggest to create an issue in the beta section, or you will keep track if this issue also from here?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer: I think it would be best to bring it up in the beta forum since it affects that as well and that's where our focus is today. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

• palmino
    palmino
    Community Member

Could you please recommend a size for custom icons, so that they would't look blurry?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@palmino: 512x512 should look great, avoiding the need for scaling on most Macs these days. :)

• palmino
    palmino
    Community Member

@brenty Sorry, I got here via the search function and didn't realise was in the Mac section. So what would be the best size for a PC? Seems that 64x64 does the job. 512x512 looks fairly chiseled, when 1Password downsizes it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@palmino: Ah, gotcha. Honestly, I'm not sure, because it will vary heavily between setups, since the PC world is much less homogeneous. I'd recommend using whatever works best for you with your display hardware/settings. If that's 64x64, that's good. We'll be doing more work in this area in the future anyway, so nothing is set in stone. :)

• palmino
    palmino
    Community Member

All right, thanks a lot. It‘s a bit of a luxuruy problem anyway 😉

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.