Standalone 1Password for Mac - how do I access from Windows PC

LMD
LMD
Community Member

Purchased 1Password for Mac from Apple (standalone). Is there a way to access passwords on Windows PC?
Currently 1Password Version is installed on my Mac with OS X El Capitan. I have dropbox.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LMD: Yep! With a 1Password.com membership, you get the new Windows version of 1Password, and also all the others, the web interface, and it does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• LMD
    LMD
    Community Member

I have a standalone 1Password for Mac (currently also on my iPhone). Can I access passwords from a Windows OS machine?

Why does my trial version of 1Password 4 installed on my Windows laptop look different? Is this how it looks if I purchase 1Password 4?

• LMD
    LMD
    Community Member

So to be sure the question is understood, how do I access my passwords on a windows laptop if I have 1Password for Mac standalone please?

If I purchase a membership I can access passwords when offline on any machine?

• LMD
    LMD
    Community Member

Apologies for the multi-comments.

Can you respond to the above query regarding my standalone version please - to clarify that point for me first.

If I purchase a membership and have 1Password installed on my iPhone, Mac, Windows laptop, can I access these whilst offline? I am often in areas with no network connection.

I understand if I want to access passwords from any other computer, I can login to 1Password and retrieve them that way?

I'm not fond of the appearance of 1Password 4 trial version - as shown in the attachment in previous comment. I have the impression though that its not supposed to look like that. Is that correct?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Apologies for the multi-comments.

@LMD: No worries. :)

Can you respond to the above query regarding my standalone version please - to clarify that point for me first.

Sure thing: backing up a bit:

I have a standalone 1Password for Mac (currently also on my iPhone). Can I access passwords from a Windows OS machine?

Not with a purchase of 1Password for Mac. That app won't run on Windows.

Why does my trial version of 1Password 4 installed on my Windows laptop look different? Is this how it looks if I purchase 1Password 4?

That's 1Password for Windows version 4. But it isn't available for sale any longer, as it's been discontinued. We've already built 1Password 6, which is available as part of a 1Password.com membership, and version 7 is being worked on now and will also be included in a membership.

So to be sure the question is understood, how do I access my passwords on a windows laptop if I have 1Password for Mac standalone please?

Currently the only way is with a 1Password.com membership, since that includes the new Windows app — along with all of the other apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

If I purchase a membership I can access passwords when offline on any machine?

I wouldn't say "any machine", but pretty much. You'll need to install the 1Password app on a device and sign into your account. You'll need to be online to do the install setup so it can sync your data. But after that, since the data is cached locally, you'll be able to access it there even if you're without an internet connection.

If I purchase a membership and have 1Password installed on my iPhone, Mac, Windows laptop, can I access these whilst offline? I am often in areas with no network connection.

Yes.

I understand if I want to access passwords from any other computer, I can login to 1Password and retrieve them that way?

Correct. But just to be clear, we don't recommend you do this on untrusted devices. Accessing sensitive information on your own devices is best.

I'm not fond of the appearance of 1Password 4 trial version - as shown in the attachment in previous comment. I have the impression though that its not supposed to look like that. Is that correct?

Nope. That's pretty much how 1Password 4 looks on both Windows and macOS. A lot has changed since we originally developed those apps. 1Password 7 is available as a public alpha if you're anxious to see what we've been up to. ;)

This discussion has been closed.