Safari extension unresponsive

jjstipe
jjstipe
Community Member

After a while, when I leave Safari open, the extension will stop responding. Nothing happens when I click on it and when on a site with a stored login I use the CMD+\ keyboard combo, it opens 1Password Mini with no login selected. I have uploaded a video of the issue at http://recordit.co/7cb41HZn1Z

I have removed and reinstalled the extension.

I realize I am in macOS beta and that may affect how you want to support me.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.7 (687006) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.4 public beta 5
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Safari extension unresponsive

Comments

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Password for the video is 87369

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jjstipe

I am in macOS beta and that may affect how you want to support me.

Won't affect how we want to support you, but it likely will affect our ability to do so. If you're out on the bleeding edge of the frontier like that, we aren't going to have fixes/releases available to address such issues, typically. However, we greatly appreciate reports from the field on things that aren't working correctly, as it can give us some insight into what areas might be problems in new builds. After all, we'll have to support them soon enough! :)

I don't run those betas myself, but several of us here do, so I'll definitely pass along this report and see if we're able to reproduce the issue. In the meantime, since you're clearly not averse to beta versions, I'd recommend turning betas on in 1Password Preferences > Updates and also installing the beta version of 1Password's Safari extension if you haven't already. Thanks for reporting!

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

Thanks for the encouraging response. I was hoping that this type of report would be useful. I’ll check out the 1Password betas

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jjstipe 👍🏻😊

• jjstipe
    jjstipe
    Community Member

FYI...the Safari extension beta did not resolve the issue

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jjstipe - OK, thanks for the update; we'll continue checking into it prior to the release of the stable version. Appreciate the help! :)

This discussion has been closed.