Icon on dark theme in Chrome

Hello guys. I'm using the Slinky theme in Chrome and the 1Password X icon does not appear very well on it. Could they include an enhancement on the icon to work well on dark themes?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@qzmarco: Thanks for getting in touch! I've never heard of that before, but I agree that our extension icons often don't mesh well with 3rd party themes. Unfortunately Chrome doesn't support these out of the box, so it's a bit of a tough sell. But hopefully we'll be able to come up with an icon that is a little bit more versatile down the road. Thank you for your feedback on this! :)

ref: b5x-316

• lcorsini
    lcorsini
    Community Member

I'm on the same boat, not really a 1password fault, a lot of extensions have problems on dark themes (also on firefox) if they don't provide a way to dynamically change icons I don't really see how 1P can be improved in this sense (apart from redesigning an icon that fits on both light and dark background)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2018

@lcorsini: Exactly! Without being able to detect the theme color, there will always be at least one color that will clash with a single color icon. In any case, I still believe we can rework the 1Password X icon to be slightly more versatile. Our lead designer is looking into what options we have to make this better for everyone. Thanks for the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.