Confused about related items

karaschee
karaschee
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I'm on the Individual Plan. I have mac app, iOS app, windows app, all downloaded from official site except iOS version.
The related items function is confusion for me. I like this feature and use it a lot on mac version app. But I found it can not be editable on windows and iOS version.

• It just show a item name on windows version.
  • On iOS version the "related items" feature provides attaching files function but not relating other login items.

Is it a beta feature on mac version? Can I get the same feature on the other platforms?

Sorry about my English. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @karaschee! Thanks for the question, and I'm glad you're enjoying the Related Items linking of 1password.com accounts. What you're experiencing is a difference in functionality between the native apps on various platforms, not a beta feature. Because 1password.com data is stored on and synced from the 1password.com server, all 1Password apps have the potential to use this feature. But different apps are at different points in their development cycle, and for now, only 1Password for Mac has the ability to link related items together. You'll notice (if you haven't already) that other platforms (Windows, iOS) will respect any links made in 1Password for Mac...they just can't create them - yet. 1Password for Mac is a considerably more mature product than the current 1Password 6 for Windows. 1Password 6 for Windows has come a long way indeed, but it does not (yet) enjoy feature parity with the Mac version.

For the present, I'd suggest you make the associations/links you want in 1Password for Mac. I'm not sure what the status is for iOS, but we're definitely looking to be adding the full linking/Related Items functionality on Windows.

This discussion has been closed.