Can`t create master password

Cigcarw
Cigcarw
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

Hi, I’m trying to set up a new account but am getting stuck on creating the master password. I’m not joking when I say that I have been trying for an hour, but keep getting told that the password is too easy to remember. That can’t be true, I have been trying with the most random combinations and I have a single vault with a much easier master password than every one I tried. I have tried with just random letters and symbols in a long sentence, with randomly created passwords from password generators and examples on strong passwords, but nothing works. There must be a bug of some sort. I hope you can help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Create master password

ref: AKH-84792-531

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Cigcarw - Apologies for the trouble! I see you've already been speaking at length with our email support team as well, so I'm going to close this thread and you can continue on with my colleagues who are already assisting you. When we have to coordinate replies between multiple people in multiple points of contact, it winds up slowing down support times for everyone, including you.

Just in general, however, 1password.com requires a password of at least ten characters, and it also looks for certain too-simple combinations, like aaaaaaaaaa or password1234. If you're using more than ten characters and it's not something easily cracked, you shouldn't have any troubles. If you do, however, please let us know! Thanks. :)

This discussion has been closed.