To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am one week past my "trial" period, but would like to cancel my subscription.

djfollmer
djfollmer
Community Member

I have had 1Password for more than a year. I then got notice that there would be a charge for keeping 1Password but there would be a trial period first. For some reason, all my entries have been doubled, there are two of each item I have listed. I believe it has been a week since the trial period ended, but I would like to cancel my subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am one week past my "trial" period, but would like to cancel my subscription.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2018

Hi @djfollmer,

You can cancel your subscription at any time following these instruction:

With that out of the way I’d like to address two other points:

I then got notice that there would be a charge for keeping 1Password but there would be a trial period first.

That isn’t quite right, and I’d be interested to see what notice you received that lead you to believe that. We did launch our new 1Password.com membership service, which is the subscription service that you’re referring to, but it isn’t mandatory for existing customers (though we do feel it offers the best experience).

For some reason, all my entries have been doubled

This is a fairly common problem that usually occcurs when the last step of the migration instructions are skipped. If you decide you’d rather cancel I totally understand, but this should be a fairly easy issue to sort out if you’d be willing to work with us on it.

Thanks.

Ben

• djfollmer
    djfollmer
    Community Member

I have looked through my emails and cannot find one that informed me of the price change for 1Password, so maybe it wasn’t by email. I may have been informed through the Apple App Store. At any rate, I would still like to cancel my paid subscription. I have attached a copy of the invoice showing what I paid.

djfollmer

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@djfollmer: There wasn't a price change. From that email I can see that you signed up for a 1Password.com membership on or around February 8th. So you'd have had a 30 day trial (again, as mentioned when you signed up for it, both in the app and in the screenshot you posted), and then would be charged 35.99$US after that once per year. Maybe you had been using the standalone app prior to that, perhaps on another device, and then installed and signed up for a membership when setting up 1Password for iOS. As Ben mentioned above, you can cancel your subscription through Apple since you set that up through them:

https://support.apple.com/HT202039

We cannot refund purchases made through the App Store/iTunes though, as that's owned and operated solely by Apple. You can use 1Password without an account and sync data yourself, but you may want to stick with a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. it also includes automatic offsite backup for your 1Password data, so if something happens to your device you don't lose your 1Password data. otherwise you'd need to backup your data yourself as well. Either way, let us know if you need help with anything else. We're here for you. :)

• djfollmer
    djfollmer
    Community Member

Thank you for your help. I did have a 1Password app originally, but unfortunately can’t remember what led me to believe that it was changing and was now available by paid subscription only. I will contact Apple and see if this can be resolved.

• Please let us know how you make out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.