I only got a locked version even after I bought the standalone version via App Store.

30tre
30tre
Community Member

I´m a big fan for many years. Last week I got a disc crash and have to reinstall the app. This time I did it via App Store.
I uppdated my store via my dropbox sync and all my data were back on track. But this version was a locked version (see attached file)
then I bought the standalone version but still its a locked version.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:i still got a locked version even after bying standalone

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @30tre,

There are two ways to obtain 1Password, either directly via us or via Apple's Mac App Store. These two versions of 1Password are for the most part identical but when it comes to verifying a purchase they are different. The Mac App Store version of 1Password will only respect a purchase made in the App Store, either a full purchase back when you had to buy 1Password for Mac (Mac App Store) upfront or an in-app purchase if you purchased more recently. Basically the Mac App Store will only respect a purchased it can locate based on your current Apple ID. It will not allow you to use a licence file (see below).

The AgileBits Store version of 1Password, the one you can download directly from us uses a licence file. It can detect a previous Mac App Store purchase under certain circumstances but for the most part you need to apply a licence file to inform 1Password that it should skip the trial and keep all features enabled.

So the first thing we need to do is understand how and when you purchased 1Password. The screenshot you provided looks like you have the AgileBits Store version installed although this can be confirmed by looking in the 1Password > About 1Password menu option. Once we learn more about where you purchased 1Password we can help determine the best steps to get everything working properly.

• 30tre
    30tre
    Community Member

It's a bit confusing... From the very start ( probably 5 years ago) i download the app from your site. After my disc crash, I download
    it once again from your site and got the info that I've got a locked version. then I bought the standalone version from appstore.
    but it didn´t worked. Then I uninstalled your version and open it directly from the standalone app that I bought from appstore.
    so that is the version I run now. 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@30tre: You'll need to have not only purchased the full 1Password app from the Mac App Store, but you'll need to install it from the purchase history of that same Apple ID for the App Store to validate the purchase. If you're not sure, your receipt will tell you which one that is, as well as the date. You'll have received that via email regardless of when or where you purchased it. Be sure to check your records.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#WQB-14474-549]

If you’re reading this and you are not 30tre, this Support ID is for 30tre only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

Also include a copy of your purchase receipt for 1Password. This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: WQB-14474-549

This discussion has been closed.