How do you get rid of double and triple saved site entries?

kaf3
kaf3
Community Member

I see multiple entries in the vault for the same sites. How did they get there? Some show the site name plus my email address. Some show the site name plus, I'm guessing, a login ID. Some show a site's name plus a seemingly random word like search. Some show a number. I've no idea how to control what's happening if I don't understand what's happening. I need a complete printed guide for dummies. I hate trying to watch video explanations that go faster than I can remember.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: not a clue

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I see multiple entries in the vault for the same sites. How did they get there?

@kaf3: Unless you imported the data from another app, 1Password only stores data which you've saved in it. Typically this is done using the 1Password browser extension:

Some show the site name plus my email address. Some show the site name plus, I'm guessing, a login ID. Some show a site's name plus a seemingly random word like search. Some show a number. I've no idea how to control what's happening if I don't understand what's happening.

It all depends on what you saved, and what the site allows. Some use your email address, while others let you choose a username.

I need a complete printed guide for dummies. I hate trying to watch video explanations that go faster than I can remember.

A lot of people prefer videos, but we also have many guides with text and images on our support site:

https://support.1password.com

We don't offer a print version of our website, but I know some folks print those out to use.

And if you have any other questions, we're happy to help too. Cheers! :)

• kaf3
    kaf3
    Community Member

Clear, concise, respectful. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. We're here for you! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.