Attached information stored under the Documents Tab .

Shylock1966
Shylock1966
Community Member

Over the years i have amassed hundreds of attached files in my Documents tab in 1Password. Some are simply named screenshot xxxx and other names that do not relate to what they are etc. They link no problem to my master entry and i can find them without problem. My question is if i change the name of the documents involved using the documents tab > clicking on the document > clicking edit > change name will this still link to the master entry i have created.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Shylock1966: It sounds like you're referring to "related items" linked to Document items in a 1Password.com account. Is that correct? If so, the links are by UUID, so changing the names shouldn't be a problem — unless that gets you mixed up; I know that happens to me sometimes. They will not be retained when copying between vaults, but editing the item details in the current vault will leave the links intact. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Shylock1966
    Shylock1966
    Community Member

Many thanks Brenty it has worked all ok.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Shylock1966 - Glad to hear it! On behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome - I know he'll be glad to hear his advice helped.

This discussion has been closed.