Several devices I want to access 1password. Have personal +family vault. Old iPad not able to set up

happyholidaygirl
happyholidaygirl
Community Member

I have Imac, iPad (modern)iPad older, iPhone, mac laptop - I want all to be able to use 1password. I have sonos radios on one iPad in kitchen - this is my problem. I have tried advice on twitter but not very techy. So every time I try and set up the iPad (older version 9.3.5) -scan my set up as advocate dit says - after scanning - Check your Email and secret Key....but nothing else - this appears in red. But I cannot do anything with it?? I have app on iPad but whenever I start up the start my trail or already using1password and I go into a loop trying to set up?? Would appreciate some help..very busy and not very techy but would like it all to work or know the problem!! Many thanks

1Password Version: 1password 6
Extension Version: 6.8.8
OS Version: Os Mac High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sign in different for this website as oppose to 1Password?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@happyholidaygirl: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. In that case, each app is a separate purchase.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, happy to help you set things up. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

Brilliant thanks Brenty. I thought I had the full 1 password membership already. I can do everything on all three other devices ...it is only the second iPad that I cannot get things sorted on. How will I know which I have? Probably I am being very dumb!!

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

Think I have Found the information I am on the Families plan billed annually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@happyholidaygirl: Ah, thank you. That will be much easier for you. In that case, you just need to sign into your account in the app to set it up:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

You can find all of that information in your Emergency Kit, or on another device where you're signed in. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

Thanks so much - fingers crossed!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! But you don't have to cross your fingers; we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

Well okay - near to nervous breakdown. Have logged into main computer and added a vault in case that was the problem. BUT also have tried several times using emergency kit and website on iPad (old one) to log in and get into it that way but nope it is never recognising my email and my sign in and then tried doing this on the website with main computer and still have problems it has driven me crazy and to be honest I do not understand why it is not recognising my correct info. So have to get some work done today _ started this in the hope I could work in kitchen with my iPad 2 but now back on my computer and giving up for today! Thanks anyway....near frazzled!! Sue

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@happyholidaygirl - so, it's a bit hard to know for certain just from your description what might be going wrong with your 1Password setup on various devices. There are a few possibilities and (fortunately) none of them are likely to be catastrophic to your or your sanity. ;)

If you manage to get it sorted on your own, great! But if you don't, then to get a better idea of what might be going on with the 1Password setup on your various devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87449/several-devices-i-want-to-access-1password-have-personal-family-vault-old-ipad-not-able-to-set-up#latest
    • Your forum username: @happyholidaygirl

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject/Title.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

This looks a real and comprehensive help. I will get onto this as soon as I have wrestled with some big work deadlines!! But thank you so much - will try to keep sane!! Best wishes

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@happyholidaygirl - sounds good; we'll be here! :)

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

😀

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @happyholidaygirl,

I was able to find an email from you on our side and replied to your message. Let's continue this conversation there. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: CDC-37697-568

• happyholidaygirl
    happyholidaygirl
    Community Member

Send diagnostics from my iPhone and functioning iPad the troublesome iPad unable to do as it won't let me get to first base - asking me for my log in password etc then not recognising them!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @happyholidaygirl, let's continue the conversation via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.