Is it possible to share a vault with the standalone version of 1Password?

pk2023
pk2023
Community Member

I have version 6.8.2. Can I share a vault with someone? I thought that I used to have this capability but maybe that changed when the subscription version came out. If it still possible, please let me know.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@paulkondo - So, first of all, 6.8.2 is (believe it or not) six months old already. If there's not a specific reason for running that old a version of 1Password for Mac, you should definitely upgrade your installation to the current version (6.8.8). Just click the 1Password menu > Check for updates. Often, later versions are issues precisely to fix issues that are observed or crop up in earlier versions, so simply updating your copy to the latest version will solve issues you might be having.

In this specific case, however, updating won't solve your issue. Sharing a vault with another 1Password user can be done one of two ways. The best and easiest way to do it is through the use of a 1Password account (either 1Password Families or 1Password Teams). Another way to do it, if you're using 1Password in standalone mode would be via sharing a secondary vault via Dropbox.

• pk2023
    pk2023
    Community Member

Ok, thanks. Good to know I can share a vault using the standalone version. I feared that wouldn't work. I'll also update the software version. I'm not sure why I'm so far behind.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@paulkondo - no worries! Glad I could be of assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.