Trying to find my Secret Key on the iOS app for 1password X activation

paadit52
paadit52
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to find the secret key on my iOS app per the instructions listed on the website so I can activate 1Password X on chrome. However, once I go to "1Password Accounts" I have no account listed that I can select and asks me to add an account. Which I can't do since I have no access to another 1password program (my MacBook crashed last week and I lost access to my main 1password program on there, which is the reason why I'm trying to get 1Password X on chrome on my new windows laptop).

What are my options at this point? I don't think I ever downloaded an emergency kit, so that is out of the question, unfortunately. I'd appreciate any help in this matter!

Thank you!

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: 1.6.0
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @paadit52

Are you sure you were using a 1Password membership? You mentioned syncing via iCloud, which would suggest that you were not. Only memberships have Secret Keys and can use 1Password X and 1Password for Windows. If you were not using a membership and would like to migrate to one so that you can use 1Password X and 1Password 6 for Windows you can learn about how to do that here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.