Unable to login from Windows 10

BSchott
BSchott
Community Member

I am unable to log in on this computer using the 1password application.I was using 1password 4 but just upgraded to a family version. 1password4 has been removed. I did a copy/paste of the Secret Key from the 1password6 login screen into the web version and that worked. Have entered my master password twice but always get "unable to sign in..."
Found a related post from March 2018 in KB but that was a Macafee issue. No MacAfee and have not installed AWG yet (planning to to that today)
I do not have the ability to scan my code on this computer.
Sign-in address and email address confirmed
Secret key confirmed by logging in to web version
What else can it be?

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 pro
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BSchott - let me make sure I'm not about to lead you astray here: are you able to sign into your account in a browser? In other words, by visiting https://start.1password.com/ and entering your Secret Key and Master Password?

• BSchott
    BSchott
    Community Member

Yes I was able to sign in with browser. I did a reboot and started from scratch and I was able to log in. But now the chrome extension does not work. Looking to 1Password helper. The extension works OK in Firefox. I was a bit concerned when I saw the Chrome extension was version 4.x (not 6.x) but I guess that's OK.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BSchott -- the 1Password extensions have their own versioning, so it doesn't automatically follow the version number of whatever 1Password app you have installed. The current version of the 1Password extension is 4.7.0 (which you should be able to verify in your browser's "Extensions" page).

If you cannot sign into your account in 1Password 6 for Windows, then please follow these steps to start over in 1Password for Windows. When you restart, it will be as if you're a new user; sign directly into your 1Password account, and things should be the way you expect.

• BSchott
    BSchott
    Community Member

OK to close this thread. After I made the change in 1Password -> Settings ->Advanced and restarted Chrome it now works. The post I was following did not say to restart Chrome after making the setting change.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@BSchott -- Glad to hear things are squared away; let us know if you experience any further difficulties. :)

This discussion has been closed.