1Password Does Not Show In Menu For Some Applications

Options
San Saba Macman
San Saba Macman
Community Member

In most OS X apps, I can right click, a menu pops up with 1Password as an option. I click on that receive the app suggestion from 1Password, click on that and the login dialogue is completed by 1Password. Very quick and easy.

On other apps, Office 365 Desktop for example, do not show 1Password on the pop out menu. For these apps I have to open 1Password, find the app, etc. Is there a way to bring the wayward apps into the menu ?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@San Saba Macman - unfortunately not. Developers get to decide what makes it into their contextual menus, and I'm not at all surprised to hear Microsoft wants to keep that pretty exclusionary. You as a user have far more clout with them than we as an interested third party do. You can certainly write to Microsoft and tell them you would like to see this feature...but given who you're talking about, I'd limit my expectations of quick and comprehensive action. Nevertheless (one would hope), companies should listen to their users, so it certainly couldn't hurt to make the effort.

• San Saba Macman
    San Saba Macman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@San Saba Macman You're quite welcome - sorry I couldn't be more directly of assistance, but thanks for the question, and feel free to drop by any time! :)

This discussion has been closed.