How can I "retire" a cancelled Credit Card?

Options
markballou
markballou
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I just recently cancelled a credit card due to non-use. I don't need to see it as an available CC in 1P anymore. But, though I don't use it and have destroyed the card, I'd like to keep it in 1P as a record.

I tried creating a folder called "Retired" and dragged the old CC to that folder, but it doesn't take it out of the CC category. Am I missing something? Is this a feature request? Can you make it so that you can _hide _items that no longer need to be visible?

Searching the forums, I DO see that I can at least hide certain 1P items in 1P Mini using the "never display in browser" option. That's cool! I didn't know about that.

Regardless, I'd use a hide/retire feature also with account logins that I have cancelled too. You never know when you'll need to pull up those old credentials...

1Password Version: 6.8.8 (688002)
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:retire a credit card

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markballou - we don't have a dedicated "Archive" function in 1Password, but many users (myself included) solve this issue by creating not a folder but a separate vault, calling it "Archives" (or whatever term suits your fancy), and moving items you know you'll no longer be using but want to retain for historical purposes into. You can then, in Preferences > All Vaults, un-check the "Archives" vault from appearing in All Vaults, which would mean that its items would no longer show up in any searches unless you switch to that "Archives" vault intentionally (and then only items from that vault would be visible). Hope this helps!

• markballou
    markballou
    Community Member
    Options

Got it! Thanks for that. And yes, "Archive" is the perfect term.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markballou - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.