icloud sync not working

Options
mattyf
mattyf
Community Member

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated because icloud syncing, for me, is unreliable. Right now, I'm looking at 1Password on my iphone at a login for a site that is missing from 1password on my Mac, even though the Mac indicates that it just synced.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. Further, on multiple occasions I have needed to move a password I just created between machines, and I end up having to wait for it to show up.

Am I missing something? Is there a "Force Sync" function?

It's doubly frustrating because I use 1Password to generate strong passwords, which means I can't easily manually type them in when a sync fails.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:icloud syncing not working

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mattyf,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble syncing with iCloud. You didn’t mention if you’re using 1Password for iOS or 1Password for Android on your phone? If this is 1Password for iOS we’re talking about then please be aware that the extension (what you see in Safari and other 3rd party apps) does not perform syncing of its own. To get the latest data from iCloud into 1Password you need to launch the 1Password app.

Does that help explain what you’re seeing?

Ben

• mattyf
    mattyf
    Community Member
    Options

It's 1Password on Ios.

But I'm having trouble going the other way as well. For instance, 1Password on my iphone reports a total of 2100 items, but 1Password on my MacBook reports a total of 1962. There are specific logins from the Primary Vault on the iphone that are missing from the MacBook.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @mattyf. At this point I would suggest a thorough review of this guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

I hope that helps! Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• xairbusdriver
    xairbusdriver
    Community Member
    Options

iOS 11.4.1, macOS 10.13.6, 1PW iOS: latest for iOS version, Mac version: 7.2.1
    Syncing via iCloud.
    With only one vault, why does the iOS and Desktop version of 1PW not match, even after a "sync"?! iOS shows 1,002 "All items", Mac version shows 1,017.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@xairbusdriver - I'm not sure why that would be, but please try the steps in the troubleshooting iCloud sync guide that Ben posted just above. That contains everything we know about iCloud sync and how to solve problems with it, which is why it says within that link:

This discussion has been closed.