Had to change email from [removed] to [removed]. Master PW no longer works.

Options
rymer78991
rymer78991
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

When I click on the 1Password icon, the box that comes up will not accept my Master PW. Problem started when I had to change my email from [removed] to [removed]. Help!

1Password Version: Can't get in to see.
Extension Version: Can't get in to see.
OS Version: OS X El Capitan10.11.6
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• rymer78991
    rymer78991
    Community Member
    Options

Need help

• rymer78991
    rymer78991
    Community Member
    Options

I hope you guys or girls can help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rymer78991gmailcom: We've removed your email addresses from your post, as this is a public forum. Similarly, I've changed your forum username to not be your full email address. That won't change your password, but you'll need to use only rymer78991 as your username to sign in from now on.

Regarding the trouble you're having, changing your email address will not prevent you from signing into your account, but you will have to use the correct one — the new one if you've changed it — when signing in going forward. So if that isn't working for you, it's likely that you're entering some of your other account credentials incorrectly, for example if you'd changed something else as well.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither access to your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly.

If you're still having trouble though, the best thing to do would be to contact us via email with the details (so you're not posting sensitive information here in a public forum), and include a diagnostic report for the app where you're having trouble:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#UQM-55947-393]

If you’re reading this and you are not rymer78991, this Support ID is for rymer78991 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: UQM-55947-393

This discussion has been closed.