Feature request: Watchtower Wizards

Options
lightstream
lightstream
Community Member

I would like a wizard built for Watchtower that helps automate the creation of strong passwords. For example, it would queue you saying "the password for this website is weak, you may want to consider changing it" when I log into a site with a weak password (if Watchtower is on, and be able to disable the prompts).
I'd also like the ability for 1Password to send me to the websites of weak passworded sites and open them in tabs so I can deal with them en masse from within my selected browser.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.3
Sync Type: my 1password site

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lightstream: Thanks for getting in touch! Interesting ideas.

I would like a wizard built for Watchtower that helps automate the creation of strong passwords. For example, it would queue you saying "the password for this website is weak, you may want to consider changing it" when I log into a site with a weak password (if Watchtower is on, and be able to disable the prompts).

Hmm. I'm not sure about a "wizard", but you can use the password generator on a website to create a strong password, whether you're just signing up or changing your password to make it stronger. I feel like a "wizard" or similar might give users the impression that 1Password can do this for them automatically, but that's not the case. We really don't want to know about the websites 1Password users have accounts with for privacy reasons (and many use 1Password because of this), so we're not going to broker password changes ourselves to automate this.

I'd also like the ability for 1Password to send me to the websites of weak passworded sites and open them in tabs so I can deal with them en masse from within my selected browser.

I'm not sure that wouldn't annoy a lot of people, so probably not a "feature" we want to add explicitly...but (provided they have valid URLs), you should be able to select multiple Login items in 1Password and right click to "Fill Login in Browser", which will open each of them in your default web browser. It's not something I'd ever thought of, but I can see how that might be handy. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.