Trying to register 1-Password x. Forgot reg. address. Lic.

Options
Stanlee13
Stanlee13
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

Please send me my registration address. I am trying to register a 1 Password x Chrome Extension. I no longer have the same computer as I did in 2013 and consequently do not have email correspondence. I do have a copy of the License.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Trying to register 1-Password x. Forgot reg. address. Lic. Stan Herman 10-9-2013

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stanlee13: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password X does not use a license. It only works with 1Password.com memberships, which did not exist in 2013. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership within the last two years or so. That’s also the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Normally I'd send you your license information at this point to use, but if you don't have access to email that will be impossible. I'd encourage you to setup an email account so that you can send and receive email, and then contact us at support@1password.com with your purchase information so we can help. Just post the Support ID you receive and post it here so we can connect the dots. Thanks in advance! :)

• Stanlee13
    Stanlee13
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Brenty:
    I do have two email addresses that I use. [email addresses removed to protect privacy — this is a public forum!] I am not certain that I understand. Is the Chrome browser program a monthly paid program in addition to what I currently have? My License was dated October 9, 2013. It was sent to a iMac that I no longer have, and do not know what address to which it was sent. I do have a copy of the License. I am looking for a password program for my wife to use on her Chromebook. We are quite elderly and she no longer uses either a Mac or Windows computer. I have not kept up with the changes that Agilebits has made, but I have continued to use the program that I purchased as an individual and later to include my wife many years ago. @Stanlee13 .

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stanlee13: Please don't post personal information here. This is a public support forum.

You can use the desktop browser extension in Chrome. That is included with your license. But this will only work a computer running macOS or Windows, as it depends on the 1Password Desktop applications to function. Neither of those applications can run on a Chromebook.

1Password X, instead, connects to 1Password.com. So yes, it does require a 1Password.com membership. Paying for that is the only way to use 1Password on a Chromebook, either using 1Password X or the 1Password.com website.

In that case, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. And if you'll shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here, I'll be happy to help you make the transition. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.