Can you create a custom "Category"

Options
balrog
balrog
Community Member

Right now, creating a new item/category and it shows templates like Login, Secure Note, Credit Cards, etc.

Is there a way to create a custom one? Looking at creating a category like a pseudo wiki where i store my brain dumps. Another is say, a category like bookmarks.

You would say just "Search it" or tag it. True, But my thought process is i know if i click "bookmarks", it's all there instead of searching. And sometimes, i just want to see what i bookmarked few years ago and revisit it. I may forgot what the keyword search or did not tag it, But i can see where my bookmarks are located. Thanks.

Regards,
Balrog

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@balrog: There isn't a way to create custom categories, but it's a feature we'd like to add in the future. In the mean time, Secure Notes are a good place to save lots of things, like lists or freeform text. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @balrog,

Generally speaking what you’re asking for is not currently available. We’d recommend tailoring Secure Notes to fit this purpose, and have a blog post about doing so available here:

Secure all the things in Secure Notes | AgileBits Blog

That said we are looking for ways in which we can make 1Password more customizable / flexible, and this is certainly one path that may open up in the future.

Thanks!

Ben

• balrog
    balrog
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty/Ben,
    Yes, i'm looking at the Security Notes for this. Thanks. Now let me go back to the mines of moria to finish whipping gandalf more... ;)

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. :) Don’t hit him too hard.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.