Identify categories when I filter

Narius
Narius
Community Member

Sometimes when I go to lookup an item, say something to do with my bank, I can have 2 entries in 1P. One is a login, the other is my credit card details. It would be nice if you could show some indicator so I know which result is which and I don't have to go looking at them all.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Families - cloud?
Referrer: forum-search:Identify categories when searching

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Narius: I'm not sure I follow. You should see an icon for each as well as the header:

Are you seeing something different?

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member

Good call Brenty - in the mini that's true. But in the main app it's not. All the icons are (in this case) related to the bank, but it looks a little different.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Narius - you've got that sorted by Date Last Used. Switch the sorting to "Category," and you'll see approximately what you see in the mini.

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member

Thanks Lars - will do

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, yep. That'll do the trick for you:

Cheers! :) :+1:

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member

Hi guys. It works, but of all my picks to keep my data … Well I guess I go between title and date as my usual preferred options. Just sayin …

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Narius: I don't understand what you're saying. Please clarify.

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

HMMM
    Hey guys, motivated by this conversation, I went and had a closer look. I can see now whoever designed the UI had something like what I'm saying in mind. What I didn't perceive until now, is that the different categories have different shape logos, and it's that which helps identify the type of entry I'm looking at.
    I guess it was less obvious to me because the square and rectangle can be pretty close to each other. (See my pic on ANZ Rewards vs credit card).
    So maybe if it's less obvious to me, could be to others too? Worth considering a logo-tweak?
    OR (late thought) could there be an option for the user to nominate - say - a colour border around the logo. So perhaps I could choose a green for my logins, crimson for my identities etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Narius: Ha! I'm not smart enough to have articulated that myself, but indeed, that's correct: (default) icons for many categories are different shapes. And these things are something the design team loves tweaking with major releases. Just please don't direct them to my screenshot above where I have haphazardly added some pretty awful icons to items myself. I'm not sure we want to depend on colours to differentiate them since that won't work well for many people, but there are certainly different ways of doing things. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

This discussion has been closed.