personal vs primary vaults

cianna
cianna
Community Member

I'm having sync issues between my iPhone (v7.0.6), my Mac App (v6.8.8), and my Chrome extension.

I read here that Primary is no longer - well - primary, and that everything should be on Personal. When I log on to Mac app, I see both Primary and Personal. However, on my iOS app I only see Primary and can't see how to add Personal. On my extension, I see both vaults but only Primary is syncing and I can't see how to add the Primary in the sync.

I also recently realized that my OS app was syncing with an opvault while my iOS apps were syncing with an agilekeychain so I just moved reconnected everything over to opvault.

This is very confusing.

1Password Version: v7.0.6
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: v6.8.8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cianna

I read here that Primary is no longer - well - primary, and that everything should be on Personal.

If you have both a Primary vault and a Personal vault, then that means you have older, standalone 1Password data (in Primary) and also that you've set up a 1password.com account (Personal).

OPVault and Agile Keychain are two different formats for sync keychains in 1Password. Unfortunately, if you've got different devices syncing to both of those formats, plus a 1password.com account, it's quite likely that you have some of your data in one place, and some more of it in others. Because that's likely the case, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your 1Password setup on your various devices, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics emails before sending them:

[#RCN-48672-176]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @cianna only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: RCN-48672-176

• cianna
    cianna
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response! I'll create those diagnostic reports now.

• cianna
    cianna
    Community Member

Just letting me know that the Personal vault is linked to the 1password.com account is already helpful. I just checked and saw that I hadn't linked that account to my iOS app. Done and now I can see my Personal vault on my iPhone. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cianna - sounds good! Glad that was helpful; we'll wait for your diagnostics reports, and keep the conversation going over there.

This discussion has been closed.