1Password X and Desktop App Login

nexgen
nexgen
Community Member

I like the additional features provided by 1Password X plugin. However, I am finding it frustrating to login again when I try to use desktop app.

With normal 1Password plugin if I login in plugin, I get logged into desktop app too which is very convenient. I often use both deskotp app and plugin and find it frustrating to login to two places all the time.

Is there any plan to incorporate single login so that when I sign into 1password x, I get automatically unlocked in desktop app too?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nexgen: It's definitely something we hope to do long-term, but we still have a lot of work to do on 1Password X before that may be possible. In the mean time, as you point out, that works with the 1Password desktop app and its extension. Hopefully we'll be able to do something similar with 1Password X in the future, but for now the desktop extension does the job. Cheers! :)

• nexgen
    nexgen
    Community Member

Yes, the desktop extension does the job, but I'll be missing out on the features of 1Password X.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I hear you. But you can totally use both. I do. Just try not to get confused, also like I do. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.