Upgraded to Pro on my IPad. Shows as unpurchased on IPhone and Mac?

jeff_scott
jeff_scott
Community Member

Upgraded to Pro on my IPad. Shows as unpurchased on IPhone and Mac?

By the way - this has nothing to do with Mac Beta but it is the only category that is selectable in your drop down.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.8 (688002) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to Pro on my IPad. Shows as unpurchased on IPhone and Mac?

Comments

• @jeff_scott,

Is the iPhone signed into the same Apple ID as the iPad? The Mac is a completely separate purchase so that would certainly explain why you wouldn't have it there if you purchased Pro Features on your iPad.

Rudy

• jeff_scott
    jeff_scott
    Community Member

Hmm, yes all three use the same Apple ID. I don't understand the comment about the Mac. I use any one of the three devices to make changes and additions and they all sync regardless of which device I use. Why would I have to purchase a seperate Pro package for the Mac and, if so, why wouldn't that have been explained? It would seem to me you would get more benefit from the Pro package on a computer format as opposed to a mobile format? Can you explain?

• jeff_scott
    jeff_scott
    Community Member

Also, I have been charged through Apple for the download but have received no confirmation etc from Agile Bits.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jeff_scott - I'm sorry for the trouble! Let's back up a step or two and make sure we're on the same page. First off, there is no "Pro package" for 1Password for Mac. There is only 1Password for Mac, and you either have purchased it or not. Purchasing the Pro features of 1Password for iOS on your iPad Pro (or anywhere else) does not license 1Password for Mac.

For your iPhone, open and unlock 1Password for iOS, then visit Settings > Pro Features and tap Restore Purchase.

On the Mac, things are a little trickier. On the Mac App Store, we stopped selling licenses of 1Password 6 for Mac in preparation for the just-released 1Password 7 for Mac beta. In other words, you actually can't buy 1Password 6 for Mac via the Mac App Store any longer. If you want to purchase a standalone license for 1Password for Mac, you'll need download the 1Password 7 for Mac beta from us and use the in-app purchase method there (on sale during the beta period for $39.99 instead of the official-release price of $64.95), or you can subscribe to a 1password.com membership. A membership has many advantages, but one of them is access to all four of our native 1Password applications (Mac, iOS, Windows and Android).

I have been charged through Apple for the download but have received no confirmation etc from Agile Bits.

Can you explain this a bit further? What were you charged for - the in-app purchase of 1Password for iOS's Pro features? If so, the reason you didn't get any confirmation from us is that the purchase is made through Apple, just like all apps in their App Store. We don't have any visibility into who purchases the Pro features because Apple doesn't share purchase data with us. If you meant something else, can you explain? Thanks.

• jeff_scott
    jeff_scott
    Community Member

Hmm, yes all three use the same Apple ID. I don't understand the comment about the Mac. I use any one of the three devices to make changes and additions and they all sync regardless of which device I use. Why would I have to purchase a seperate Pro package for the Mac and, if so, why wouldn't that have been explained? It would seem to me you would get more benefit from the Pro package on a computer format as opposed to a mobile format? Can you explain?

• jeff_scott
    jeff_scott
    Community Member

Hello Lars, thank you for this response. You have explained things perfectly. I now have the Pro features on both my IPhone and IPad. Restore purchases was the answer. I fully understand your explanation of the Mac version and yes, I am running a licensed version. I am not worried about confirmation of purchase. I simply thought that I was supposed to get an activation code or something. Everything is working fine now. Love the product by the way.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jeff_scott - glad to hear it! I'm glad things are working everywhere now, and you were able to restore the Pro features on your iPhone. Let us know if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.