Window overlay in 1Password X for Firefox

Hello guys,

In 1Password X for Firefox there is a small issue with the window placement, when there is a HTTPS warning and actual password to fill in. I know that the situation is not really standard (to use HTTPS saved password on HTTP), but looks strange.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.6.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@ondrejfuhrer: Darn it! That's most likely a dialog that we won't be able to draw our inline menu over. In fact, for security reasons, Mozilla intentionally created it so it can't be covered up. First, let me say we highly recommend that all website (even internal ones) use HTTPS.

Interestingly Mozilla's support docs for this warning say the following:

Note: When you start typing in your login information, the warning message can obscure the password entry box. You can press the Return key after you type in your username (or click outside of the password area) to dismiss the warning.

Personally, I witnessed a slightly different behavior on my machine. For me, it looks like clicking on the username or password field will temporarily dismiss the warning so I can fill a login using the inline form. Like so:

Your browser does not support the video tag.

Additionally, you should be able to fill a login item on an HTTP page from the 1Password X pop-up.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great week.

&drew

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @beyer ,

Thanks for the explanation. I actually thought that that is your window and I didn't consider that it is from Firefox itself :chuffed: I just thought, that the placement could be maybe different then if you use it on HTTP, but probably very minor issue considering the fact, that uses should not be filling passwords on non-secure pages.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! Although it's a dialog I'm happy to see Firefox has added and should be fairly minor, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to point it out to us. I can't think of the last time I had a need or want to fill an HTTP page so I sure wouldn't have noticed. 😆

&drew

This discussion has been closed.