I purchased 6.8.8 1Password on the Mac App Store. What is the latest version?

howielynn
howielynn
Community Member
edited April 2018 in Mac

I logged on with my Agilebits password set up in 1Password. I purchased 1 Password for the Mac in 2014. Am I missing something? What is the current version? I am using Sierra 10.12.6 on a Mac Book Pro. Do I have an account? My License Key is [redacted by AgileBits, this is a public forum]
Howard W. Kay

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:latest version for Mac

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn

I logged on with my Agilebits password set up in 1Password.

You logged on to...what? If you don't mind me asking.

I purchased 1 Password for the Mac in 2014.

Thank you! :)

Do I have an account?

If you signed up for one at the main 1Password sign-up page or answered an invitation email from a family member or co-worker, then yes. If not, then you have standalone 1Password license(s), not an account.

My License Key is 1PWW-...[redacted]

That's a standalone license key for 1Password for Windows, version 1; it's not for 1Password for Mac and it's not a 1password.com account.

• howielynn
    howielynn
    Community Member
    edited April 2018

My email address is [redacted by AgileBits, this is a public forum]
    Ok, thanks for responding. Do I have the latest version? And since you stated my version on my Mac is for Windows not Mac what would you suggest?
    This Is the subject header with which I posted the comment --- "I purchased 6.8.8 1Password on the Mac App Store. What is the latest version?"

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@howielynn - Short answer to your question: 6.8.8 is the latest version of 1Password for Mac available on the Mac App Store currently.

There are two ways to purchase licenses for 1Password for Mac -- directly through us, or at the Mac App Store. Right now is a bit of an odd time, since we just released 1Password 7 for Mac beta. So, while version 6.8.8 is still the official current version, many of our users have already visited our website and picked up a copy of the new version that's in late-stage development. That's why when you ask if you have the latest version, the answer is both yes and no: 6.8.8 is current...unless you want to try the 1Password 7 for Mac beta.

...since you stated my version on my Mac is for Windows not Mac what would you suggest?

Sorry I gave that impression; the version on your Mac can't be a Windows version -- it wouldn't install. What IS true is that the license key you gave is for 1Password for Windows, not 1Password for Mac. That means you likely purchased 1Password for Windows at some poitn in the past. And it makes sense because your copy of 1Password for Mac is from the Mac App Store - when you purchase from Apple, 1Password does not have a license key, because the purchase is tied to your Apple ID, just like all apps purchased from the Mac App Store.

This discussion has been closed.