To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my master password is not working on my.1password.com but works on the app

Options
getbrett
getbrett
Community Member

I can open 1password standalone app on all devices but cannot log into my 1password. com account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password does not work on my.1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2018
    Options

@getbrett,

I explained how Master Passwords work in relation to accounts vs standalone usage here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/417362/#Comment_417362

Please take a look and see if that addresses your concern.

Ben

P.S. You posted this in the Mac Beta category. Are you running the 1Password 7 for Mac beta version?

• getbrett
    getbrett
    Community Member
    Options

thanks Ben, I'll go through that and see if it helps me. the website forced me to list under the Mac Beta category. I refreshed and asked the question from the forum home page a few times and it always only offered the Mac Beta as the category.

• getbrett
    getbrett
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

unfortunately that doesn't solve my problem. I haven't added the online account on my standalone 1password. My master password opens all instances of my 1password local accounts. be that on mac, android or windows. If I have a different master password for the online account then I don't know what that is and can't see how to reset that.

• getbrett
    getbrett
    Community Member
    Options

I had a thought as to the possible cause of this situation. I've changed computers a few times and possibly my local master password has been updated but because I hadn't added my online account and kept it in sync it still wants the old master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@getbrett: Ah, interesting. Can you go into more detail on what you did? If nothing else, if you have a local (Primary) vault setup in 1Password, that will be the Master Password used to unlock it, not the one you setup for your account. Do you have all of your data in your account? You can check this in your browser by signing in:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

Let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.