To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Going from Standalone to Subscriptions?

Options
stormcat49
stormcat49
Community Member

Have been using standalone versions of 1PW for several years on iOS and MAC. Have an account with Secret Key but currently Frozen. If I subscribe will I then be given the instructions on how to migrate? I did add my account to my IOS V 7.06. But besides my Primary, it added a Personal and Shared Vault under my Primary. After migrating, is this the Primary vault instructions say to delete if everything syncs across devices?
Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

I have been using standalone version of 1PW for several years on iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro. Was Latest version of V 6+. Now account is frozen and guess I need to subscribe to continue. Have a Secret Key so I was able to download new V 7.06 on iPad which I was using. However, it created two new vaults for Personal and Shared. My passwords are all in one vault, Primary. These new vaults were put under this old Primary one.
    What do I do now after I subscribe? Do I move my data from my Primary vault into the Personal one? If so, how? After I subscribe will it tell me how to migrate? And after migrating them to the Personal vault do then delete the Primary vault that they were in? I am very confused. Are these the vaults that are mentioned in the directions?

Sorry if this is confusing but I just don’t want to lose my data!
    Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.06
    Sync Type: iCloud

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

Posted a question in discussions about an hour ago and can’t find it

• Ben
    Options

Hi @stormcat49

Migration instructions can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

You should delete the Primary vault once complete as it’ll cause problems down the road otherwise. :)

Ben

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. Still unsure
    In Item #7 of the instructions it says “ tap to move your I password data into your new account.” After I subscribe will it tell me to do this? Otherwise how do I move my password data over. And am I moving it over to the Personal vault? Please clarify. Since I already have an account, just frozen, and all I have to do is click subscribe, this makes the instructions unclear on this step for me.

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

Also, do I then delete V 6 off my iPad/iPhone?
    I read through all the forum on Membership discussions on the forum yesterday looking for answers to my questions before I contacted you. But I was still confused. Sorry.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stormcat49: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Do you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account? You can check this by signing in using your web browser:

https://start.1password.com/vaults/all

If so, you can safely remove the Primary vault (1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete). The Personal/Private vault and Shared vault are part of your account, so if all of your data is in those you're all set. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. Sorry for the confusion.
    Nothing is in my All Vaults yet in my 1PW Account. That’s where I need help. Account is frozen. If I click Subscribe, will there be a note that then comes up with ”tap to move your 1PW data to your 1PW account” as it says in item 7 of the migrate instructions? Just not clear on how to move my data! And will it move to Personal vault?
    The Move/Migration step is supposed to be easy. But since I am not setting up an account but going from Frozen to Subscribe, it’s not clear, and I don’t want to lose my data.
    I appreciate your help and am looking forward to continuing with 1PW.

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

There are over 85 views on my Title. Yet, I still need help moving my 1PW data from Standalone to Subscription? (Account is Frozen now)
    My discussion in the Forum on this subject explains my confusion. Again, if I click Subscribe will it then say “tap to move data to 1PW account”? This is stated in Item 7 of Migration instructions if one is setting up a new account. But mine is already set up. So how do I move my data? My All Vaults are still empty on the account

Someone please help me with this Migration question? The Migration Guide/instructions do not answer it.

Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stormcat49: I've merged the separate discussions you created into a single place. Keep in mind that when you send us multiple messages in different places, it's not only hard for you to find them again, we have to search for them as well, and all of this slows down the support process for everyone — including you. Thank you for understanding.

Many people have the same question, and the guide Ben linked above contains the answer to that, which is why others are interested in this discussion. Unfortunately, in your case, your trial is already ended, so I suspect that’s why you’re having trouble. I appreciate you letting me know that your account has no data. I wouldn’t want you to end up copying it twice and have to sort that out next. We also cannot discuss account details here on a public forum.

To make things simpler, let's continue the conversation via email to avoid any further back-and-forth confusion. Please email us from your 1Password.com account's registered email address at support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#CFA-82715-375]

If you’re reading this and you are not stormcat49, this Support ID is for stormcat49 only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your message to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: CFA-82715-375

• stormcat49
    stormcat49
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    I just sent the email to you.
    stormcat49

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stormcat49: Thanks so much! I see it in the inbox. I'll close this and we can continue working together there. :)

This discussion has been closed.