Two extensions in Chrome

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I installed the beta extension for Chrome and now I have what appears to be two extensions. Because what's going on is clearer in Safari I'm guessing one is 1P7 and the other is the extension. Should I see two of these? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7b5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @TomWolsky,

The stable and beta versions of the 1Password Browser Extension are separate entities within the Chrome store so it is possible to have both installed. We definitely don't recommend it though as you're almost guaranteed whacky and unpredictable behaviour. All you will need to do is remove one, leaving the one you want to try.

You'll notice I've moved your query from the Mac beta forum. The reason for this is the Chrome extension, whether you choose to test the beta or use the stable, is quite separate from the native 1Password for Mac application. You can test the 1Password 7 beta with the stable extension or try the beta extension if you like but there is no requirement to run the beta extension with 1Password 7.

I hope this helps and that you're enjoying 1Password 7 for Mac.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I was wondering why I couldn't find the thread when the iOS link didn't work. Fortunately I still had the page open.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry about that, hopefully you have Chrome tamed now :smile:

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables