Update?

JP66
JP66
Community Member

I received a notice that an update was available and clicked to update. The updater immediately went to a beachball and would not respond; I force quit the updater. When I checked the version of 1P it is the latest (6.8.8). However, the updater did not complete (or even start) the update. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.090
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JP66 - I'm sorry for the trouble! Not sure what would've caused that, as 6.8.8 is indeed the current (stable) version of 1Password for Mac. A week ago, we released a beta preview of the upcoming 1Password 7 for Mac, but the current version 6 should not find the beta as a potential update when checking because they're different version numbers.

Can you restart your Mac (so we get a fresh system state for everything, including 1Password 6), and then try updating again? See what happens? Thanks in advance.

• JP66
    JP66
    Community Member

Lars, – Thanks for the reply. So I'm clear, the notice I received that an update was available was a popup, not one that came from checking 1P for updates. The iMac has been restarted and all seems to be OK. Thanks again for your response.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JP66 - glad to hear all seems well now, but still not sure why you'd get a prompt to update a version that's already current. Let us know if you notice any other similar odd behavior.

This discussion has been closed.