How to unlock 1 password X on Firefox (beta) on an azerty keyboard ?

Options

Hi ! Just installed Firefox beta and 1 password X beta, but it requires me to unlock it with cmd + period, and it doesn't work with my azerty keyboard.
Maybe this problem has already been sorted out but couldn't find it on the forum, could you help me guys ?
Thanks a lot for all your great work.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 1 password X beta 1.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1 password x azerty

Comments

• dteare
    Options

Good evening, @valentincoindreau. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

I'm honestly not sure why a azerty keyboard would have any bearing on Firefox respecting our Command-Period shortcut. Unfortunately at this moment there is no way to customize the shortcut in Firefox so I don't have a work around available for you just yet.

But there's hope! @beyer is working on allowing our keyboard shortcut to be configured from our Settings page so you should be able to change it to something that works for you in a future beta.

Thanks again for the report. I'm happy to hear 1Password X is working well for you otherwise.

Take care,

++dave;

• sandroazerty
    sandroazerty
    Community Member
    Options

it would be great to be able to unlock it with finger prints. ;-)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I agree with that @sandroazerty! We aren't quite there yet, but that's unquestionably a feature we want to add to 1Password X for folks who also have a native 1Password app installed.

Thanks for the feedback – keep it coming! 😁👍

&drew

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @beyer , I updated my extension to the 1.6.4 version, I now see in the settings that it's allowed to change the keyboard shortcut with a link, that says "Change on the extensions page", but nothing happen when I click on it, open it in a new tab, or go directly to the extensions page (on Firefox, are we talking about the page that you reach by going into the user menu on the upper-right corner of the screen the "Add-ons" ?).
    Is this action being currently implemented but not fully available ?
    Cheers

• Mitch
    Options

Hey @valentincoindreau,

Update again and you should get version 1.6.6 where we added that feature. :)

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yeah, the extension auto-update was set on default, which wasn't auto-updating for some reason, hence the 1.6.4.
    Now it's all good, thank you very much !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, weird — is what I was about to say before I saw this was Firefox. I can't recall having this kind of issue in Chrome, but I do often have to force Firefox to update extensions from time to time. Hopefully they'll get that fixed up in time. Glad to hear all is well for you now though! :)

This discussion has been closed.