Possible bug when using autofill

Options
2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sinister: We know you want those things, but we have no plans for those at this time...and I believe you know that already. I appreciate that you've supported us by paying for our products, but you did not pay for those features. As much as you want them, and as much as I don't particularly enjoy saying "no", we need to focus on things that help more 1Password users overall. And, to be frank, repetitive demands are not going to change that. If in the future we get to the point where those make their way up the list as features that will help a larger number of people than others, it's likely we'll add them at that time. Believe me, if we have news in this area I'll be sure to let you know. I just don't see that happening for the foreseeable future. I know that subjectively you may not be happy since it's not the answer you want, but it's a "good response" objectively because it's the truth.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What WOULD change that?

@Sinister: As I've mentioned many times and in many different ways,

If in the future we get to the point where those make their way up the list as features that will help a larger number of people than others, it's likely we'll add them at that time.

I don't know any other ways of saying it.

Do I have to start a poll post to see who else wants it, or how DOES this get on the list?

It's on the list. It's just a long list, because it's not just your requests, but everyone's. I know it probably feels to you like "I'm only asking for two things!", but those two things would take a lot of work, and there are many other desired features and improvements which will help a greater number of 1Password users.

I NEED to get that feature and no of no way to make that happen,. It seems when someone asks for something, you only really put it open a list if YOU want it or if it is already planned OR if it has to do with accounts only, since it gets you more subscriptions vs a fixed buy-in.

I know you feel that way because we're not working on these specific features, but at the same time you've seen others you've requested being added. Literally everything in our release notes is work we've done in response to customer feedback, either directly when people have asked for something outright, or indirectly when we address an issue that's been identified.

Accounts is nowhere near the functionality of local, or I wouldn't need local. There is no way I can do what I need to the current accounts and documents as it is now, yet, if I had an iPhone again, 1P would do everything I want (but my phone would suck).

That hasn't been my experience, or most people's, but everyone has different use cases. So let's try this a different way: multiple local vaults and "vault mirroring" are not real solutions; they're band-aids. What are the specific things you'd like 1Password.com to support so you can forget about local vaults for good? I know we've already added a few, but perhaps you've identified others.

And THAT is the part that bothers me the most....that I had it, it worked beautifully and JUST because I upgraded to Android....it is just unfair you ever developed it for iPhone but never for Android.

I hear you. And in a perfect world we'd have exactly the same experience on every platform. Heck, we'd be able to write the code once and it would work great anywhere then. But in reality it takes time to develop and test for each individual platform. And with Android, iOS had a years-long head start, and there's a lot fewer devices to test against there. So while we'll continue to work to narrow that gap, there will always be differences. After all, if there weren't differences, you wouldn't have bothered switching to Android anyway. ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Sinister - thanks, will do. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.