EFTPS.GOV login Web Form fields not filling

Hi, I'm trying to create a login on the EFTPS.GOV site. I've reviewed the forum and earlier fixes involve a manipulation of the Web Form details which does not seem to be available in the newest version.

I've tried deleting all entries from 1Password with EFTPS.GOV and creating a new login several times. There are 4 fields to be filled in, the Web Form details appear to be correct, but when I try to Fill with 1PasswordX, not all the fields are filled in.

I'd appreciate some help in resolving this issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Sunflyer
    Sunflyer
    Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to create a login on the EFTPS.GOV site. I've reviewed the forum and earlier fixes involve a manipulation of the Web Form details which does not seem to be available in the newest version.

I've tried deleting all entries from 1Password with EFTPS.GOV and creating a new login several times. There are 4 fields to be filled in, the Web Form details appear to be correct, but when I try to Fill with 1PasswordX, not all the fields are filled in.

I'd appreciate some help in resolving this issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: 1.6.2 X Chrome
    OS Version: Win7
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Hello @Sunflare98,

Thanks for taking the time to report this filling issue. I managed to recreate what you are seeing, as such I've created a new bug report on our issue tracker. We'll figure out what's causing this mix-up and get it resolved in a future release of 1Password X. In the meantime, I greatly apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and have a great weekend!

&drew

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#159

• Sunflyer
    Sunflyer
    Community Member

The EFTPS.GOV website login is still non-functional for me. 1Password doesn't recognized there are login fields on the webpage (no offers to save or generate passwords and no 1Password icon in the fields). When I save the login manually with a right-click on the Chrome extension (1.8.6) and select Save Login, it only saves 2 of the 4 fields, and when filling, pastes them into the wrong spots. The 4 fields are two fields for the EIN, the PIN and the password. When filling, the 1st field of the EIN is lost, the 2nd field is put in the last field of the SSN, the pin is correctly placed but the password is ignored.

Any progress on this? I've tried deleting and recreating the login many times with the same behavior every time.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Hey @Sunflyer,

Thanks for following up about this. We have tests for filling on EFTPS.GOV — and in fact they're passing — but it looks like 1Password X isn't saving the login correctly on that page. I'm looking into why that is, and hopefully it won't be too much work to fix.

In the meantime: do you have access to the Mac/Windows app and the desktop 1Password extension? I believe if you use it to save the login, you'll be able to fill it from 1Password X.

Mitch

• Sunflyer
    Sunflyer
    Community Member

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to make it work with the desktop app and the standard Chrome extension. However, 1Password X still fills the fields incorrectly, even though the login was saved by the standard extension.

Just FYI.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Thanks for that, @Sunflyer! We'll need to look into this further and figure out exactly why specifically 1Password X fails to fill the fields correctly. I'm glad you're able to use the 1Password extension in the meantine, though. 🙂

• Hey @Sunflyer,

The good news is we've identified the cause of the issue and included a fix in version 1.8.1, released a few minutes ago. :) Once your extension has updated, you should be able to fill just fine with B5X on eftps.gov. (Depending on the state your item is in, you may need to res-ave it first either from b5x or the Mac app.)

Hope it goes well!

Mitch

This discussion has been closed.