App Store version is Read Only... Can't edit in desktop version. iOS version OK

buttermaker
buttermaker
Community Member

I am using a 1Password license that I purchased on the App Store (after being a long-time user since 1Password 3).
I see others are having the same issues as I am with the App Store version in that it becomes Read Only and I can't edit within the desktop app.
I've tried the other solutions that I've seen recommended... quitting, deleting, restarting and reinstalling.... but every time I try it it comes up as Read Only. Any new ideas on how to resolve?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@buttermaker: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! That will be the case if either:

• You didn't actually purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store
    • You purchased it using a different Apple ID than the one you installed it with
    • Or you purchased 1Password from the AgileBits Store

The App Store will only validate the purchase if the app is installed from the purchase history of the Apple ID used to buy it initially. Regardless of where you purchased it, you'll have received an email receipt, so a good starting point would be to check your records for that. It will give you an idea of how to proceed. Let me know what you find.

• buttermaker
    buttermaker
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'll respond bullet by bullet...

• I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store
    • I purchased it with the ID that I installed (and re-installed) it with
    • I purchased older versions via the AgileBits store, but I doubt that is relevant

I checked for my Apple receipt of the App Store purchase, but I must have deleted it. I've attached (or at least tried to attach) my "Purchased" apps in my App Store view.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@buttermaker: Thanks for getting back to me. So, here's the problem...1Password for Mac is a free download, so "purchased" doesn't mean you necessarily paid for it there. It's an in-app purchase to unlock it, so definitely check your records through Apple:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204088

I suspect that you'll find your January 3rd 2018 "purchase" was, in fact, free. I've resent the license information we have here, so take a look and see if that helps you piece things together. Probably you've just installed the wrong version. Let me know! :)

• buttermaker
    buttermaker
    Community Member

Figured it out... and I was confused as to why it was working on my desktop, but not my laptop.
    I deleted, downloaded from AgileBits website and re-installed. All working well now. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Aha! Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.