1P extension for Firefox 51 ESR

Options

Hello.

I was looking for an library of old FF extensions that I could use with ESR versions of Firefox. My particular use case requires support of Firefox 51.

Where might I the legacy extension for this version of the Firefox browser?

Currently, I have the 1Password 7 beta installed. If I have to install 1Password 6 to get there, I am good with that.

Thanks,
//Shawn

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @GoShawn,

The bad news is there isn't a practical path for what you ask I'm afraid. The release of Firefox 57 required us to support the newer WebExtensions approach to Firefox extensions. For a few reasons this transition resulted in moving from using a WebSocket to native messaging for communication between the extension and 1Password. We picked version 52 as being the oldest supported version of Firefox because it ensured full support for native messaging while also allowing the current version of Firefox ESR. The previous version of Firefox ESR, version 45 is incapable of supporting the extension and to the best of my knowledge there has never been a version 51 outside of the more regular stable, nightly and developer builds of Firefox.

A sufficiently old enough version of the extension that would support Firefox 51 would also require an old version of even 1Password 6. I'm a bit hazy on the various timelines involved but I suspect the old version of 1Password may not be able to verify the code signature of Firefox as well as most of the browsers have had changes to their signing certificates which we've had to adapt to and these are hardcoded inside of the 1Password application.

This discussion has been closed.